Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Books on Tape


      We have been listening to books on tape in the car. Boogs really enjoyed the Magic Treehouse series. We have checked out and listened to all of the Magic Treehouse stories that our library has. I am surprised at how much information Boogs recalls from the stories. We were drawing and writing on pieces of construction paper the other day when Boogs said, “You know, back in Roman times they didn’t really have books. They just used tree bark and that was very hard to write on. I am glad I have real paper.”
     We are currently listening to The Boxcar Children. Each story has a mystery for the characters to solve. Boogs frequently yells from the backseat, “Freeze the sound. I just heard a clue that will solve the mystery.” He is super excited about solving things and using clues.
     If anyone has suggestions for other good books on tape series, I would appreciate you leaving them in the comment section.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome. I loved the original Boxcar Children book as a kid.

    ReplyDelete