Monday, May 10, 2010

Yummy Kale Chips

A lot of people don't think that the word yummy should be used to describe kale, but it does when you make kale chips. Boogs frequently asks me to buy kale when we are strolling through the produce section. Kale is a superfood. It is packed with beta-carotene, vitamins A, C, and K, iron, manganese, calcium, and potassium. We love to bake kale and call it chips. It is so easy and takes only 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry with a salad spinner (Boogs' favorite part). Spritz it with olive oil and then sprinkle with sea salt. Place it on a parchment covered cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. It is now perfectly crunchy and tasty. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. I made kale chips once. I liked them but didn't love them because I don't love the flavor of kale. I've tried them with spinach and love them! I have to make them on parchment paper; the spinach is thin enough to stick to a pan.

    ReplyDelete