Monday, July 12, 2010

Catching Up

On Friday, we went to Belton to visit friends. Boogs and "B" get along very well. This visit they got into the dress-up box. Of course the box is only filled with dress-up clothes for girls. Boogs and "B" had a great time modeling their outfits for us. My favorite is the one with boots and bunny ears.

Saturday was a family day. My husband hung around the house with Boogs while I went to the gym and to a yoga class. Then we traded and he went to the gym. The boys ended up going to the swimming pool late in the afternoon. Boogs let me know that I was NOT invited because it was a "just the boys" outing.

Sunday, I went for a run at 6:30 in the morning. It was my longest run to date - 8.5 miles. I made it back home in time to get Boogs ready for a friend's birthday party at Milburn pool. The family rented out the entire pool from 10 am to noon for the party. We all had a lot of fun.

Boogs latest thing is to talk about his favorite thing each day just before we finish our bedtime routine. He used to ask, "What are you going to dream about?" I am glad he stopped doing that because I was running out of things to say. It is really sweet that a lot of the time he mentions "reading and snuggling with momma" as his favorite thing of the day. I hope this phase lasts for a loooooong time.

1 comment:

  1. I somehow missed that you did an 8.5 mile run. AWESOME!! I'm dropping my mileage way down as I make the barefoot transition, so you're going to gallop on past me! :)

    ReplyDelete