Thursday, November 17, 2011

Lunches November 14th - 18th, 2011

Next week is Boogs' Fall Break from school. I don't know if we will be making themed lunches while we are at home. We will be hosting Thanksgiving for my folks and my sister's family. It should be a busy week. As usual, Boogs' lunches are based on the story we read at bedtime the previous evening. To see past weeks of lunches, click on the label at the end of this post.
A Good Day by Kevin Henkes
In the lunchbox: Fox pizza, kiwi, yogurt, and broccoli. I was feeling kind of lazy this morning and Boogs was happy to have leftover pizza for lunch. Win/win situation.

Cool Dog, School Dog by Deborah Heiligman
This little dog follows his owner to school and causes all sorts of trouble. In the lunchbox: cool dog pb&j sandwich with fruit leather glasses, pita chip "books", cheese sticks, broccoli (can you tell I need to go grocery shopping for more veggies), grapes, yogurt, and applesauce.

Arthur's Computer Disaster by Marc Brown
Boogs really likes Arthur stories. I had planned on making a computer mouse sandwich for this book but Boogs asked me to make a computer screen of the "Deep Dark Sea" game in the story. In the lunchbox: pb&j sandwich is supposed to be the Deep Dark Sea computer game with fruit leather squids on the screen, underneath the computer screen is a cheese stick scuba diver, thre is an apple mouse, carrots & tomatoes, and some goldfish crackers with pretzels.

Thanksgiving Day by Gail Gibbons
I have always liked Gail Gibbons books. In the lunchbox: ham & cheese turkey like the turkey on the front cover,  two mini "pumpkin" oranges,  zucchini bread,  carrot chips (Boogs said we could call those his gourds), and spinach leaves.

Boogs' school is having a Thanksgiving Feast for lunch tomorrow. He is going to buy his lunch, so there won't be a story book lunch this Friday. 


This week I linked up at:
http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/
http://www.bentolunch.net/
http://www.jdaniel4smom.com/

http://teachinggoodeaters.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

  1. You have done it again! These are amazing. JDaniel would love the fox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super, super cute! Love the turkey! Thanks for sharing it at TGIF! Have a great Thanksgiving & we'll see you next week,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am honestly am just so impressed with the way you link your lunches to the stories you read! I keep meaning to try this- Out of all of the story/ meal combinations you've tried, do you have a favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie - my favorite story/lunch link for a literature connection was Iguanadon (posted 9/4) because my son told me what facts he would like for me to include in the lunch - plant eater, where fossils have been found, and height/weight. I think the two lunches that turned out the cutest were Ferret Fun (posted 9/23) and the hen (posted 11/11).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great week of lunches and books. I saw you had a Gail Gibbons book on the list. She has a lot of really great books. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to link your lunches with book. We've been doing a series of Little Hands that Cook with Books that our kids have loved! Thanks for linking up to the Kevin Henkes Virtual Book Club!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. My son really enjoys his story themed lunches.

      Delete