Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Cardmaking

A couple of years ago, I was a Stampin' Up demonstrator. I have so much cardmaking and scrapbooking supplies that I feel guilty if I don't occasionally use them. Most of my Stampin' Up stamp sets are retired.

I made summer cards for my preschool kiddos. I used to make and sell fold-out mini albums using this paper folding technique. For my summer card, I took a 7 x 7 inch sheet of cardstock and folded it three times - crease left to right, unfold then crease top to bottom, unfold then crease on the diagonal. Push the two diagonal points toward each other to collapse into a 3 1/2 inch square. I glued one side down to a 4 x 4 inch piece of cardstock for the base. I love using this technique to make a quick and cute card. I used my On the Beach stamp set for the summer images. 



I recently attended a baby shower and made this card. I love this retired Stampin' Up set - A New Little Someone. The bunny went perfectly with the bunny on the wrapping paper I used for the baby shower gift. I stamped the bunny image on vellum and chalked the bow, ears, and feet. I stamped the bunny image on white cardstock and put that under the vellum. I think it turned out cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment