Thursday, May 31, 2012

Lunches May 28 - May 31st

Boogs' lunches are inspired by the books we read at bedtime the previous evening. Each night, Boogs reads one book to me and I read two books to him. I usually post his lunches once a week. Click on the "lunches" label at the end of this post to see lunches from previous weeks.
Sheep Out to Eat by Nancy E. Shaw
The sheep go out to eat at a fancy restaurant and they do not have any manners.  Boogs laughed at their restaurant antics. In the ELB lunchbox: almond butter and jelly sheep sandwich, popcorn, strawberries, blueberries, salad.


Beautiful Moon/Bella Luna by Dawn Jeffers
This is another book with English and Spanish text from our library.  It tells the story of a little girl who has so many things planned that she cannot fit them into one day. She pulls back the night sky and wishes for it to always be daylight. She soon discovers that having her wish come true is not as great as she thought it would be. Boogs enjoyed looking at the detailed pictures. In the Laptop lunchbox: pb&j girl sandwich, Babybel cheese Bella Luna, strawberry flowers, salad, yogurt, and popcorn.

How Do Dinosaurs Learn to Read? by Jane Yolen
Oops! We discovered that some of the ways we read books (sometimes while eating) are on the dinosaurs "no" list for reading books. Oh well, we love to read wherever we are. In the lunchbox: ham & cheese dinosaur sandwiches, berries, pita chip "books", yogurt, spinach, and broccoli.

It Looked Like Spilt Milk by Charles G. Shaw
We were watching the clouds this afternoon and that reminded me of this book. I dug it out of a box to read to Boogs. Each white blob looks like an object or animal. The white cloud shapes on blue paper look like spilt milk. I wonder if Boogs will think some of the clouds we watch next time look like the objects in this book. I love laying in the grass and watching the clouds go by with my sweet boy. In the ELB lunchbox: pb&j cloud shapes, apple, Z bar, carrots with hummus, and yogurt.

I did not realize until after I finished making this lunch that it would be the last Kindergarten lunch I made. Boogs has 1/2 a day of school tomorrow for his last day in Kindergarten. We will probably go out to lunch with friends tomorrow after school so I am not making a story themed  lunch tomorrow.


I will still try to post lunches on Fridays throughout the summer but there will probably be fewer lunches posted at a time. We have a nice schedule set up for summer. Boogs will have swim practices five days a week for swim team and swim meets every Saturday. I have signed him up for twice a week Spanish immersion classes. We have lots of playdates and get togethers with friends coming up. Boogs and I are looking forward to it.

Be sure to check out the wonderful sites I link to on my sidebar! If you want to see more book inspired lunches, click on the "lunches" label at the end of this post. Be sure to leave me a comment to let me know you stopped by.

12 comments:

  1. What great lunches and books! Thanks so much for sharing on this week's Kids Co-Op linky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you will have a very busy summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be busy, but not too busy. His daily swim team practice is at 8:50 in the morning. That leaves the rest of the day wide open.

      Delete
  3. Wow! What great lunches. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keitha, I love your blog. Today is my first day co-hosting the Weekly Kid's Co-op and I'm featuring your lunches. : ) http://notwiddletwaddle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will pop over and visit your blog.

      Delete
  5. Oh, how fun!! I always love to see your lunch ideas. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete