Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Cardmaking Fun

I have really enjoyed making cards this summer. Here are a few of my latest ones:

The bugs are from the SU Bugs and Kisses Set. I stamped the grass from SU Inspired by Nature on crimped green cardstock and used a few Pop Dots to make it a bit 3D. 

I needed a thank you card for the wonderful person who made my blog button. So, I figured the card should have a few buttons on it. The jar is from SU All Wrapped Up set. The flowers are from SU Little Layers Plus. The 'Thanks' stamp is from SU Everyday Expressions.

I happened to find Stampin T's Stampin' Up website. She has tons of beautiful card creations and great tutorials. I purchased the tutorial for this high heel shoe card. I think it is adorable! 

I had some leftover black glitter cardstock from an outer space card I made awhile ago. I thought it would be cute to use for a party shoe. I used PearlEx Interference Red on top of red cardstock for the heel and sole of the shoe.

Stampin' T used ribbon for the peachy accents on her shoe. I did not find any ribbon in my stash that I wanted to use so  I used scrapbook paper for the accent pieces.
Birthday card using the SU Because I Care Set.

The SU Party Animals set was one of the first stamp sets I purchased back in 1999. I still use it for little kid birthday cards. 





I was playing around with an old Paper Pizazz Diamond Folds template. This card is bright and colorful, but I don't know if I will ever send it to anyone.

I have a huge box of cards that I have made over the years. The other day, I was looking through the box for birthday cards ideas and came across an old flower pot card. These cards were hugely popular a few years ago. I went ahead and made a few of them and used SU Teeny Tiny Wishes for the 'happy birthday' stamp. The flowerpot is made out of a 9 x 4 piece of cardstock scored at 3 1/2 and 7 inches. You cut an angle, excluding the flap, to give it the flowerpot shape. After I had the angle I wanted, I trimmed the flap to match. I used the SU Punch Border Scallop Trim on the pot's flap. I used the SU Scallop Punch for the flowers and the SU Bird Punch feather for the leaves.

This card is kind of a joke for a friend who is obsessed with Hello Kitty.

Lately, I have been in a card making mood. I might have to order the new Stampin' Up catalogue and replenish some of my craft stash supplies.

I linked this post to the Get Your Craft On linky party and to Take A Look Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. Totally love your shoes Keitha, thanks for posting photos I always love to see them!
    Cheers, T

    ReplyDelete