Monday, September 17, 2012

Rainy Weekend

Last week the sky looked like this:
We did not get much rain with this storm, just a bunch of lightning and thunder. At 3:30 in the afternoon, the sky was extremely dark. I got a little nervous that those clouds were going to start swirling. I was so glad to see that storm roll by and see sunshine peeking out again by dinner time.

Sunday was a beautiful day of slow, misty, cooling rain. Boogs and I were able to take a long walk and enjoy it without any thunder or lightning. Grandmaman, Boogs wanted to to share his rain pictures with you. It brought back memories of our rain soaked camping trips.
Eating the rain

We went on the trail behind our house.

Part of the trail was underwater. Boogs' boots were not tall enough and filled with water.


Slipping and sliding on the wet playscape. Look at the mud on his legs.

Plenty of rain and puddles to make big splashes.


Boogs said he was a turtle laying on a rock.


Heading home to a nice warm bubble bath.


Linking up to outdoor fun at:
 Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Now that's what being a kid is all about! What a wonderful day and Cool post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the times my sister and I played in the rain when we were little. My mom got so mad at us when we would lay in the gutter and let the water rush over our new coats. Blech! Now, I don't even want to think about what kind of disgusting things were in that water. :-)

      Delete
  2. Yep..I remember Boogs standing under the huge drip while we were waiting for our food at the french fry stand...and best of all sharing a butterscotch sundae with him...Yummy!!!
    Fond memories....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandmaman we are sending you a big hug and kiss, webcam style today!

      Delete
  3. I love this, I always say the rain bothers us parents but not the kids, it is just another adventure to them! Some wonderful photos, not sure I like that grey sky, pleased to hear it passed by with no lasting damage! Thank you for linking up with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love walking in the rain. Boogs and I usually head outside when it is raining to have leaf races.

      Delete
  4. What a great adventure out in the rain! So much fun to be had and puddles to slash through :-) Thanks for sharing at Happy Family Times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love the rain and just don't get enough of it here in central Texas.

      Delete